July 18, 2010

{ Recent Happenings }

Does anyone else have an extremely hard time blogging during the summer months? The weather is too nice and therefore provides far too many distractions. In an attempt to somewhat keep everyone up to speed here is the quick list of recent going on's in our house.

* Geoff and I made a trip to Sisters, Oregon last month for a family reunion on my dad's side. We rented these amazing cabins at Black Butte Ranch and had a great time hanging out with family!

* 4th of July was a blast. We did the usually, had a BBQ, watched the fireworks down by the river, set off our own fireworks, took in a baseball game and went tubing at Warm River.

* My friends Ashley and I have been taking the Wilton cake decorating class at Michael's. We completed the first series of classes in June and are now on to the second series. I think it's safe to say that I do not have a future at a professional, however I do have a lot of fun trying!

* I met Jill in said Wilton class and found that she hosts some great crops at her house every other weekend which is great since Roberts closed I haven't been able to find a crop I enjoy. Bonus: Jill is freaking funny! Check out her blog by clicking on her name above.

* The INL had the largest ever recorded wild land fire so Geoff was super excited to have some actual BIG flames to put out. He ended up spending  5 straight days on call as a result. Needless to say I think he was just as excited when he finally got to come home!

* I finally found a great armoire to house my TV in my living room. The best part? It was $50.00 on Craigslist. Which is an amazing deal considering it is a Broyhill. Stay tuned for the before and after pictures as I attempt to refinish in myself!

* The weather has finally heated up enough that we had to turn on the good old AC. Which now means that even our dogs are reluctant to want to leave the cool house and venture into the backyard!

That about wraps it up! Hope everyone is having a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

{ A Little Something For Your Ears....}


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones